Our insights have hopefully convinced you that you need to:
- Prioritise safeguarding
- Develop (or upgrade) your own, locally-appropriate, robust safeguarding policy and procedures
- Consider how to develop a real culture of safeguarding, so that all those who work in your organisation, and those your organisation serves, are safe.
We are sure that you still have unanswered questions and here are some resources from others:
- Safeguarding definitions and reporting mechanisms for UK NGOs | BOND
- Keeping children safe | KCS Standards
- Safeguarding training, advice and resources | Safeguarding support hub
- User-friendly tools, resources, standards and training focussed specifically on child safeguarding | Keeping Children Safe
- A range of resources to support both child and adult safeguarding | BOND
- Templates for safeguarding policies, codes of conduct and other relevant documents | BOND
We would love to hear from you. Maybe there is a story you would like to share with others, or you have a tip that others should hear. Our learning from this work is that the more youth organisations who take safeguarding seriously and can share ideas for how to do it better in our local contexts, the better.
Do get in touch: email@example.com